Rev. (Mrs.) Christiana Bamidele George was born on Dec. 12th 1955, the first Child of the family of Dr. Samuel Osaigbovo Ogbemudia, from Edo state, Nigeria. She finished both her Primary and Secondary education in Benin City before proceeding to Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree (B.Sc.) in Accountancy. On graduating, she worked for the next five years as a Senior Accounting Officer with the First Bank of Nigeria Plc.
In 1985, she resigned to go into business with her husband, a re-tired Air-line Pilot, a businessman and a philanthropist. They prospered and God established them.
However, in 1990, she felt the call of God on her life to help the less-privileged in society. Thirsty for biblical knowledge, she then proceeded to International Bible Institute in London for Biblical Studies. Dele George decided to dedicate the rest of her life to champion the course of the less-privileged in our society especially abandoned/abused and orphaned children.
To accomplish this task, she established the Strong Tower Relief Mission, a Christian charity Organization whose aims are
1. To care for the underprivileged in the society i.e. the poor, widows and orphans
2. To engage in charity work of all description and generally demonstrate the love of God to all men irrespective of race, colour or creed.
3. To propagate the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Through the family relief Center of the Strong Tower Relied Mission located in Abule Egba, Lagos. The temporary Centre is where the needs of the poor, widows and women with unplanned pregnancies are met on a regular basis. Packages of food are distributed to the poor. The widows are given money for petty trade and the elderly are placed on allowances. The mission is hoping to have a permanent centre for these women in the future.
This is organised from time to time to propagate the two handed gospel. The Bread of life (the word) in one hand, and bread for the stomach in the other. It is the mission,s mandate from God never to preach the good news without provision for the needy.
LITTLE SAINTS ORPHANAGES
Little Saints Orphanage is another great vision of Rev. Mrs. Dele George. This is a home away from home for orphans, abused and abandoned children. Since inception the orphanage has rehabilitated hundreds of children including new born babies. As a result of the work of the orphanage, adoption of children, which was normally ignored by Nigerians, became a welcomed practice. 80% of the babies that come in are adopted into well-screened families across the nation through the Ministry of Youth & Social Development or Women Affairs in the states of operation.
In 2001, a two hundred bed hostel was completed for the rehabilitation of more children on the landed property in Akowonjo, Lagos which was donated by Capt and Rev. Mrs. George at the onset of the vision in 1994. This house is now home to the boys of the orphanage. The younger girls are rehabilitated in a home built on the land also donated by George family in Abule Egba area of Lagos. The older girls are rehabilitated in a beautiful house in Ogudu donated by FORESCORE HOMES in 2005.
In 2012, an anonymous donor donated a house in Warri for the rehabilitation of vulnerable children. He built this house as his personal residence but he gave it to God to fulfill a vow he made to God. Today vulnerable children are being rehabilitated and reformed there. His magnanimous gesture rebounds to the Glory of God.
In 2014 , the Lord expanded the Orphanage again with the donation of another home in ibadan through the chairman Capt.Jide George who decided to dedicate a storey building in Apata, Ibadan to God in memory of his departed mother Mrs Felicia George. This home to vulnerable children in Ibadan, Oyo state.
In 2016, Daniel Oladele Lawal foundation blessed the Little Saints Orphanage with two beautiful bungalows for the rehabilitation of vulnerable children. In Itele, Ogun State.
In celebration of the 21st anniversary of the orphanage in June 2015, a new home was renovated and dedicated for the rehabilitation of vulnerable children in Ibadan, Oyo state. This was a landmark for her because Ibadan is her birth place.
In celebration of the 25th annivesary of the orphanage in June 2019, a new vision was initiated SAFE HAVEN FOR CHILDREN located in ikorodu town for the reformation of street children. It is a centre for the empowerment of street children for independent living. This project is currently on going.
Apart from the rehabilitation and reintegration of the children, Rev. Mrs. George and her team are determined to give the children quality education. All the children that are of school age all attend schools around the vicinity of the little saints orphanage complexes. Since 2003, the Little Saints started gaining admission into university. Today they have raised many graduates who are now gainfully employed.
Being the first private orphanage to be registered by Lagos state in Nigeria, the state Government has given written recommendations and numerous awards to the founder and her team.
Even though the work is enormous, she has been able to cope with the help of God, the support of her husband, the children, the trustees, the Missionaries of the Mission and compassionate donors/Patrons.
HEROES Award 1995 from Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) Good Morning Nigeria,
THE OUTSTANDING YOUNG PERSON OF NIGERIA 1996 from Nigeria Junior Chambers,
2ND MEE MOFE-DAMIJO AWARD 1998 from ALUMNI Association Nigeria, Institute of Journalism.
- NIGERIA WOMEN AWARDS 1998 for VOLUNTARY ACTIONS.
- CITY PEOPLE FOR EXCELLENCE HUMANITARIAN SECTOR .
- Charity Entertainment Organization of Nigeria (CEON) Award.
- MOTHER OF GOODWILL Award
- African Independent Television (AIT) Emotan Award 2001.
- City People Magazine Female Achiever Award 2001.
- Amazons Outstanding Achievement Award 2001.
- Opal Award 2001.
- Rotary Club of Ikoyi Award for Excellence 2002.
- House on the Rock Church Champion award for charity 2002.
- Christian Support Award 2003.
- Role Model Award 2003.
- NTA Channel 10 Mothers Award 2003.
- Olive Foundation Award of Excellent Role Model 2004.
- Rotary District 9110 Nigeria Humanity Service Award 2004.
- The Nation Builders Award 2005, courtesy The Counseling Agency (Galaxy Television).
- Distinguished Crusaders Award 2005 from the Faithful Church Worldwide.
- Rare Gems Award 2005.
- National Women Conference 2005 Certificate Of Recognition By Her Excellency Chief Mrs. Oluremi Tinubu.
- Graceland Care Foundation Centre Of Excellence Award 2005.
- Rccg (Christ Church) Woman Of Distinction Award 2005.
- African Cultural Institute & Zenith Bank Model Of Achievement Award 2005.
- Patriotic Achievers Award 2006.
- Distinguished Humanitarian Award 2006.
- Outstanding Christian Leadership Award 2006.
- Certificate Of Recognition Award 2007 From Nigerian Women Association Of Georgia. USA
- Elderly Care Service Award 2008 by CHEP.
- New Direction Initiative Award 2008.
- West African Student Union Award 2008.
- Vivante Nigeria Nation Builders Award 2008.
- The Rose of Sharon Foundation Award 2008
- Mictec Int’l Schools Award for Mothers’s appreciation day 2008
- Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria Role Model Award 2009
- Edumark 2010 Role Model Award.
- JCI humanitarians &service Awards 2011
- Rotaract club award for humanitarian service 2011
Legacy High school special award 2012 & Mobile event train (MET) award for Motherhood 2012.
- Pentecostal Fellowship Nigeria award 2013.
- OBA EREDIAUWA of EDO KINGDOM AWARD for Humanitarian Excellence,2014.
- EMBASSY OF ISRAEL Abuja ‘ Woman of the Wall ‘ Award. 2015
REV. MRS. DELE GEORGE initiated the formation of the Association of Orphanages and homes Operators in Nigeria ( ASOHON ) in 2009, made up of genuine registered orphanages in the seven geographical zones in Nigeria. In May 2015 ASOHON received an AWARD of recognition from Lagos State Ministry of Youth & Social Development. Dele George was the elected President of the association Until July 2020.